We understand that choosing the final resting place for cremated remains can be a very difficult decision to make, particularly as there are many options available. Here are some of those you may wish to consider:
- Most crematoria have a Garden of Remembrance where the ashes can be scattered and a record made in the Book of Remembrance.
- You may prefer to purchase a suitable container in which to retain them. We have a wide range of both traditional and modern containers including wooden caskets, tubes, biodegradable urns and keepsake jewellery.
- We can also help you arrange for them to be interred, in either a new or existing plot in a Cemetery or Churchyard. We can take care of all the arrangements for you or simply give you advice about who to contact, should you wish to make your own arrangements.
- Committal at sea – we can arrange for a boat which seats up to 10 people, based at Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, to take you to a spot in the Solent where the ashes can be scattered and a wreath laid on the water. No naval connection necessary.
- Alternatively you may wish to consider having the ashes made into jewellery, whereby a one-of-a-kind gemstone is created. By layering the cremated remains within 1100oC molten glass and coloured glass crystals, the unique stone is put into a setting such as a ring, pendant, cuff links or earrings. Charm beads and paperweights are also available.