Fully Inclusive Cost of £1,500
We appreciate that not everyone wants a traditional funeral and so we offer our Simple Direct Cremation.
This is a dignified cremation arranged with the minimum of fuss – there is no service and therefore no mourners can attend.
- The costs normally associated with a traditional funeral are avoided, such as limousines, preparation for chapel etc.,
- When you instruct Barrells Funeral Directors, you can rest assured the arrangements are in the safe hands of knowledgeable professionals who have all the necessary staff and facilities available to carry out your wishes with dignity and respect.
- Access to an experienced funeral director and staff who will give you the same level of customer care and compassion as with our traditional service.
- As there is no funeral service, this leaves family and friends free to arrange a celebration of life or some other informal gathering at a time and place of their choosing.
- The price is fixed at £1,500 – there are no extras to pay.
We take care of all the necessary documentation.
Your loved one is looked after at our funeral home and treated with dignity and respect until the day of the cremation. Unlike some companies, we do not believe that storage facilities are an appropriate resting place for the deceased.
The coffin is transported in a dignified vehicle to a crematorium of our choosing on a date and time arranged by ourselves. Your loved one will be placed in the care of the chapel attendant until the cremation takes place.
The cremated remains will be scattered in the Gardens of Remembrance at the crematorium. Alternatively you may make your own arrangements with the crematorium to collect them at a later date.
For a small additional fee, we can collect the ashes on your behalf, and return them to our premises.
INCLUDED IN THE COSTS:
- Our professional services to include administration, advice and making the necessary arrangements with the crematorium
- Removal to our funeral home from within a 10 mile* radius, during office hours (0800 – 1600 Monday to Friday)**
- Doctor’s fee re cremation forms
- Care of the deceased (excludes visit to Chapel of Rest)
- Provision of a simple coffin with engraved nameplate
- Conveyance to the crematorium in a dignified vehicle
- Crematorium fee
- Scattering of the cremated remains in the Garden of Remembrance (no mourners to attend)
* Additional mileage will be charged at 95p per mile. If we are called to collect the deceased outside office hours, weekends and Bank Holidays, an additional fee of £120.00 will be charged.
How to make arrangements
- You can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We will take all the necessary information we need from you to start the process. You will be required to sign the cremation paperwork so we may need to meet you in person.
- All the arrangements will be confirmed with you by post or email and the account sent to you for settlement prior to the cremation taking place.
- If you have asked for the cremated remains to be returned to you, we will contact you in due course to arrange this.