As part of our commitment to being open about the costs of a funeral arranged with us, we have a clear pricing structure which will help you make the right decisions.
We are confident we can match any quotation given by local Funeral Directors so please telephone or visit us to obtain a comparable quote
The cost of a funeral is divided into two parts;
- Fees due to us for the Services we personally provide and
- Fees due to third parties, called Disbursements, which we pay on your behalf.
STANDARD FUNERAL – £3,068.00
Our fees £2,136.00
which comprise of the following services:
- Professional services, to include administration, advice on registration and making the necessary arrangements with clergy, crematorium, cemetery etc.,
- Removal to our Chapel from within a 10 mile radius* 24hrs a day
- Preparation and care of the deceased (including dressing in own clothes if required)
- Private Chapel of Rest
- Provision of an oak veneered ‘Meon’ coffin complete with fixtures, gown and interior
- Provision of Funeral Director throughout
- Attendance of Funeral Director and Pall Bearers at the funeral service
- Mercedes Hearse
- Portchester Crematorium Fee** £650.00
- Doctors’ Fees re Cremation Forms £82.00
- Minister/Celebrant’s Fee (variable) approximately £200.00
THE PROVISION OF A STANDARD FUNERAL as above, totals £3,068.00
*Additional mileage will be charged at 95p per mile.
**Additional fees will be incurred should you choose to arrange a burial, have a service in Church, or wish to use another crematorium.
If you would like us to provide Mercedes Limousines, a charge of £192.00 each should be added.
The total will be reduced to £2,986.00 should the Coroner be involved.
We know how important it is for you to arrange a funeral that has been tailored to your specific requirements and so we offer additional services and items which will enhance the funeral and provide a fitting tribute to your loved one.
You may wish to consider hiring a horse drawn carriage or other vehicle to convey the coffin for example.
Additional items might include:
A different coffin chosen from our selection of Coffins and Caskets
Woodland / Natural Burial
Order of Service Sheets
Personalised Attendance Cards
Bagpiper / Harpist etc.,
Recording of Service
NON ATTENDANCE FIXED PRICE FUNERAL – £1,500.00 FULLY INCLUSIVE
We appreciate that everyone’s financial circumstances are different and that for some all that is required is something simple and affordable. With this option it is important to note that there will be NO service and therefore mourners may NOT attend.
We offer a simple funeral at a Crematorium for the TOTAL sum of £1,500.00
Please note, this is a fixed price and therefore we do not offer any variation to the items included. This represents the lowest priced funeral we can offer due to its simplicity and low staffing requirements however we do not lower the standard of care we give the deceased. If you wish us to provide additional items which are not included below, the pricing will revert to our standard fees.
All fees must be paid prior to the funeral taking place.
Included in our NON ATTENDANCE FIXED PRICE FUNERAL are:
- Professional services, to include administration, advice and making the necessary arrangements with the Crematorium
- Removal to our premises from within a 10 mile* radius, during office hours (0800-1800 Monday-Friday) *
- Doctor’s Fees re Cremation Forms
- Care of the deceased (excludes visit to Chapel of Rest)
- Provision of a foil veneered coffin
- Conveyance to the crematorium in an appropriately dignified vehicle.
- Crematorium Fee
- The cremated remains to be scattered in the Garden of Remembrance (with no mourners in attendance).
* Additional mileage will be charged at 95p per mile. If we are called to collect the deceased outside office hours, weekends and Bank Holidays, an additional fee of £120.00 will be charged.
For further advice please call 023 9282 4831 for our Portsmouth
branch or call 023 9226 9000 for our Waterlooville branch
Barrells Funeral Directors are a proud Member of the Society of Allied & Independent Funeral Directors